EveussDownload PDF document
Freshly cut, the colour of Eveuss heartwood is orange-yellow which later discolours to dark brown with black veins. The sapwood is (almost) indistinguishable from the heartwood. Eveuss has no distinguishing smell or taste.
Properties of this timber species
- Botanical name: Klainedoxa gabonensis
- ATIBT name: Eveuss
- Other names: Ngon
- Heavy constructions.
- Use in freshwater, bridges, industrial and trailer floors
- In addition, thanks to its exterior appearance, it can be used for indoor panelling and parquet and strip floors
- Resistance to fungi: class 1 (very durable). The possible presence of non- or poorly visible sapwood can have an influence on the expected durability.
- Resistance to insects: Termites class D (sapwood and heartwood very durable), Marine borers class D (sapwood and heartwood very durable) in Northern European conditions.
- (900)-1060-(1100) kg/m3 at 12% moisture content
- Fresh 1000-1150 kg/m3
source: Houtvademecum © 2010 Centrum Hout Almere, 10e herziene druk
Timber that is stamped with the FSC® logo has been sourced from sustainably managed forests. This means that forest management meets the key requirements in terms of social, environmental and economic aspects. Ask for FSC-certified products.Read more